I should be working on UFOs. Instead I started a new project recently and made some pretty decent progress today. These are HARD. Irregular angles and bias edges made it hard to piece these accurately. I ripped out numerous seams until I got the hang of how to place the edges together.
I drew a star on an 8" block of freezer paper and cut it apart.
I ironed the freezer paper templates onto two 12" blocks of fabric (stacked together right sides up).
I cut out the star block adding 1/4" seam allowances.
I sewed the blocks together.
Credit where credit is due: This pattern is from the July/Aug. 2007 issue of Fons & Porter Quilting.
I can't show you all the blocks because 1) they aren't done yet, and 2) this is part of the latest challenge my QBFFs & I are doing and they aren't allowed to see it yet. Sometimes they read this blog.