I think I have ADD


I'm one of those people who constantly moves from project to project. I do finish things, but midway through one project I'll stop and pull out fabric to start another one. Or something will come up that makes me start in on something else--a challenge, a class, a need to make a gift, or a new fabric purchase. All of those things change my focus. I don't want to admit how many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) I have here, but if I were totally honest, it's probably at least a dozen. Here are 3 I started this summer. And I'm not including the one I started the other night because I couldn't get a decent picture of it.

This first one is from a class I took in June with 2 friends. I still have 4 more flowers to add to it. This is funky and fun, but it's large and appliqueing down the flowers is awkward at times.

A while back I posted a picture of some flower blocks that I'm doing as part of an exchange with the same 2 friends. I had another set of blocks to finish and I got those done last week. I'm looking forward to doing the exchange because I have some fabric picked out for the background and borders and I'm hoping it'll work out the way I expect.









Then there's this very busy-looking quilt top that's in progress. While shop-hopping in July I found a pack of the new Boy Scout fabric collection. I brought it home and used the ever-popular Yellow Brick Road pattern to make a throw for my Boy Scout. It's so busy that I wasn't sure I liked it after I put it together, but it began to grow on me and it certainly appeals to a boy. The kid is anxious for it to be finished.

Comments

  1. Wow, you do gorgeous work! Just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ your term UFOs. I love that!

    The first quilt photo in this post is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the unique style and placement of the flowers. Wow. Simply gorgeous.

    How cool is that that there is a Boy Scout fabric collection? I imagine there is a Girl Scout fabric collection too? How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I poked around at the site and I don't think there is a girl scout fabric collection! *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christine, thanks for stopping by again. Thanks for your kind words about my flower quilt. I have a few more flowers to add to it and it think it will be very bright and cheerful when it's done. A fun project.

    And no, I haven't seen any Girl Scout fabric anywhere. I have friends who would love to have some. If the BS fabric is selling well, I'm sure it won't be long until we see a GS line.

    And even though you commented at the other posting, I'll say here that yes, I do want to go and read Mercy Thompson now. :-) Hmm, just what I need. More TBR, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Conor's Way / Laura Lee Guhrke. 1996