Retreat Project report

This is a picture of the 4 projects I worked on this weekend. The two hangings just need bindings now and they'll be done. It should be pretty quick to finish the tops that I got started that are just piles of blocks and strip sets so far.

Here are close ups of the quilting on the two hangings. I received some lovely compliments for the echo quilting on the larger piece. Good thing, because that puppy turned into a monster amount of work. But it was a good skill-builder, so it was worth it.


Machine Update. I talked to a machine repair expert in another state who is a friend of my sister. He gave me some excellent advice depending on the verdict from the local guy about my dead machine. He also has 3 used Pfaff 2048s for a very good price if I need to do the unthinkable.

Comments

  1. Beautiful stuff, Phyl. Do you give away your quilts, sell them, or keep them all?

    Good luck with your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jace. I probably give away at least half of them. The larger wall hanging is actually a favor for a friend who owns a shop and needed a sample finished. The smaller one is for my family room wall. The two nine-patch throws are for my son and his best friend. They took a beginner sewing class together and made pillowcases. The throws will match their pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give away about half of my cross-stitch pieces too. *grin* Especially to family and friends who don't stitch but want to own a piece.

    Your son surely belongs in a class of its own - guys who quilt and stitch. *grin* Can't say I know many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That bottom one is gorgeous - not that the other one isn't too - but I REALLY Like the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kristie! I am quite pleased with it, I do admit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011