Catching up on quilts

I can't believe it's been over 4 months since I last posted here. I've totally dropped the ball on the TBR challenge, and I've decided not to join for 2018. There's been a lot to occupy me this last year, and with luck I'll be starting a new job in February. Time will tell about that. Meanwhile, the quilting has continued. In fact I had several I needed to make on short deadlines. So here's what I finished from August-December this year.

First up is this baby quilt I made for some friends' baby girl. The dad is a huge Star Wars fan, so I was able to include a special fabric just for him. There are several patterns or tutorials for this out there. I used the Arithmetic Quilt pattern. Some people also call it a "Plus Quilt." This was made totally from my stash.

Next was another mini for an Instagram swap. I wasn't going to sign up for any more in 2017, but I couldn't help myself. This particular swap was based on a specific group of patterns. You can see examples of the other quilts by searching #makeitmodernswap on Instagram.

I liked that easy pattern so much that when I needed a very quick retirement gift in November, I whipped out another one. The recipient works for a university and the school colors are purple and white.

The final finishes of the year were gifts for family members. I needed them finished for Christmas. This first one used a fabric collection by one of my favorite designers, Valori Wells. I love how bright and colorful it turned out.

And the last one for the year is for a new great-nephew. Something for him to grow into. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Pattern by Wendy Sheppard.

So 2017 ends with a total of 15 quilts. I haven't always kept track year by year, but I think this may have been my most productive year yet. I hope 2018 is just as good.

Happy New Year friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Conor's Way / Laura Lee Guhrke. 1996