Annual Retreat Fun

Two weeks ago at this time I was safely settled in my room in a beautiful state park lodge, just a few miles north of the Ohio River. My guild's annual sewing retreat was to begin the next morning at 8 am. We spent the weekend at a new location and had an amazing time. Our group has gotten smaller in recent years and because there were fewer of us I think we were able to get to know one another a little better. It also meant that we were able to spread out more in the ballroom--more sewing space for each of us. Here are a few photos of the weekend:

Sunrise the first morning. This was the view from my room.
Here's a view of the ballroom set up. I took the spot down the room on the far right. Near the window!
And here's the ballroom just a few hours later, full of quilters working away.
My sister-in-law had asked me to make something out of this pre-printed wolf panel. Here are a couple of shots of my work. Now I just need to quilt it!
On Saturday we took a road trip! We went to Kentucky & visited some quilt shops. That's the Ohio River on the right and the building on the left is one of those shops.

When I got back to the lodge I made this decorative outdoor flag. Can't wait for spring so I can fly it!
                          

When I was done with that I started a purple project. More on that some other time.
Here's something another quilter was working on. This is an improvisational quilt based on the cover of a best-selling YA book. A lucky daughter will be the recipient of this. Apparently it's her favorite book. Isn't it clever?
This image has a yellow dot that is not on the original cover.
And I'll leave you with a couple of shots of some of the other quilts under construction. I'm blessed to spend time with some talented friends each year.


Comments

  1. Oh, I absolutely love the wolf one!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori! I have the wolf hanging in my sewing room, and I'm really struck by that panel every time I look at it. I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!
    Sounds like a wonderful retreat, Phyl! I would have parked myself near the window, too. ; )

    I love the improvisational quilt based on The Fault of Our Stars by John Green! I recently ordered the book myself, it is getting phenomenal reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how once you finally notice something, it's everywhere. I've now seen this book at the grocery store and it's popped up on several web pages I've looked at. It sounds interesting. I don't normally read YA, but I may try this one. I think my son would also enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011