Fall Leaves

Three weeks ago I found I needed to whip up a quick gift. I would like to have made something more elaborate, but being short on time, I decided to choose this very simple pattern. Leafdrops was designed by Cheryl Wittmayer of Sew Be It. The pattern actually makes a much larger quilt. This is about 22" x 32". I went with just 2 blocks using a gorgeous, rich golden leaf fabric and a brown print.
The pattern included some quilting designs that I really liked. I quilted the veins of the leaves and then mimicked that in the borders. I think the veins also resemble empty tree branches. I love the effect.
To quilt this design I lightly drew it in chalk and then just free-motioned over my chalk lines. The dark brown frame is ditch stitched. I love to quilt with Aurifil thread and I used two colors (a brown and a bright golden yellow) for the quilting and for the machine applique.

 Here are a couple of views of the back.



Comments

  1. SO pretty! Love the fabric choices too.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes it is so *hard* to cut into those pretty fabrics. I'm always glad when I do, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011