May UFO Update

When I signed up for my guild UFO challenge last November, I listed 28 projects that I would attempt to finish within the year. It is now 6 months later.
I have finished 5.
Five.
I have a lot of work to do.
In fairness to me I spent quite a bit of time on Springing Up Fun.
Hey! Go bid on it!
Meanwhile, here's the latest I've finished. This is my Flower Pot wall hanging that was a challenge with two friends. We each made 2 sets of 3 identical blocks and swapped them. It came from a pattern I found in the June 2008 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. We did start with coordinated pink & orange batiks to use for the flowers. I'm giving serious thought to entering mine into the state fair.

One of my UFOs is a 9-patch flower sampler. Below is block number 5. This block was, to put it crudely, a bitch. I swear the pattern instructions were wrong in more than one place. I did more unsewing to get this finished...

OK, yes, the whole idea of a UFO focus is to NOT start new projects. But I couldn't help myself. This first one is a gift for a friend who has a new baby. All new babies deserve a quilt.

And here are all the blocks from the retreat's mystery quilt. They're still up on my design wall waiting to be sewn together. But that won't happen for a few weeks yet.

Because I'm working on a purse that I forgot to take a picture of. I know. It's hopeless.

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous!

    I see your quilt in the auction is going up to $59 now! That's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And isn't that nice to see people bidding on the quilt? Let me just say that my mother has not yet begun to bid, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

TBR Day. Deadly Descent / Kaylea Cross. 2011