Mini Nora glom

When I came back to romance reading a number of years ago, I stuck almost exlusively to historicals. So even though her books are everywhere, I never read a Nora Roberts book until Angels Fall last summer. And even though I really liked it, I had so many books in my TBR pile, I wasn't ready to start in on her backlist. But with the Lifetime movies this month I figured I'd at least read those 3 books prior to watching their adaptations. I finished Carolina Moon last night and I wasn't disappointed. I loved all 3 books. So here are some random thoughts based on my NR mini-glom:
  • Unlike some readers, I love all the head hopping and various POVs. I like her style that gives us a glimpse from the perspective of so many characters.
  • Blue Smoke was my favorite of the 3. Reena's family made that book for me. I have read too many books with characters coming from dysfunctional families. I loved seeing that you could have this strong heroine who certainly had experienced trauma come from a loving, healthy family. Because there are families like that out there.
  • I've been to Montana. I haven't spent any time on a ranch, but Nora's descriptions of the terrain and the sky, etc. were spot-on.
  • I will say I wasn't crazy about the ending of Carolina Moon. Spoilers ahead. I had kinda' figured that Hannibal wasn't the killer, but if there were clues about Dwight earlier in the book I totally missed them. So it came out of nowhere that he's the villain and here we are with 5 pages left in the book. Maybe it was me, but I'm just nit-picking. I still loved the book.
  • I like how different each book was from the other (and Angels Fall was different from them). No recycled plots here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TBR Day. Lord of Danger / Anne Stuart. 1997

Paint Chip Challenge 2015

A Few Finished Projects