Less reading & reviewing; More sewing

My Phillies are getting ready to lock down their 4th consecutive NL East crown. With so much great baseball to capture my attention, not to mention the start of football season, my reading is down a quite a bit from usual. As of today I've only finished 9 books in September. Usually by this date I'd be closer to 15 or 16. I haven't felt much like writing any reviews either. I've read a couple of books I'd like to write about, but then I get focused elsewhere--on baseball, on sewing, on the new TV season...

But today, the UPS guy brought me a very special package:
Look, my own brand new Kindle (the cheap wi-fi one)!!!

I didn't want to spend money on the case, so tonight I whipped one out. Took me exactly one hour. While the Phillies completed their sweep of the Braves. How sweet!
Oh how I love this time of year! Happy First Day of Fall everyone. Hope you got to see the Harvest Moon where you are (we didn't--it rained).

Comments

  1. Janet W: What a cute holder! I have a question about the Kindle: are the books, once they're downloaded, permanently on the Kindle? Can you take it on a trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet! You can move books on and off the Kindle. Amazon maintains an archive for you. As long as Amazon is around (and my Kindle works) I have access to re-load a book I had previously read and removed from the Kindle. Yes, absolutely you can take it on a trip. That's the great part--you can download dozens or hundreds of books and head to the mountains. You're set. The battery has a very long life, too.

    So far I've only spent about half an hour reading on it, and I am in love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phyl. Great case. Knew you would love your kindle, as I have loved mine. What happened to the color challenge? Any updates? -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just need to put borders on it. May have a picture ready by the end of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Congrats on your new Kindle! That's so exciting! :)
    Beautiful job on making a case, too! You're so creative, Phyl!


    .... I feel an Etsy store coming on .... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bite your tongue! I have enough to work on! Although I did go look at covers in the Etsy store. Mine is unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You tell me to bite my tongue, yet you admit you were already checking out the competition! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha, laugh may be on me. I told DH at dinner what I saw at Etsy & he thinks I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Phyl! So glad you're enjoying your brand new Kindle. I'm so jealous of your unique case. I have the K2 and the dreaded black, amazon case, lol! Sooo boring! But I love the device.

    Congrats on your Phillies! I'm biting my nails at the moment following my Yankees... they're drooping, but who knows if we get lucky, maybe we'll meet again during post season this year. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Hilcia! Yea Phillies who finally sealed the deal tonight! I'm surprised to see the Yankees struggling--although they still intimidate the heck out of me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Phyl! Halliday pitched a NO HITTER!! How exciting is that? And, how excited are YOU! Congratulations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I KNOW! Awesome, just awesome. And I live in the middle of Reds country. People have been talking trash at me at work all week. I cannot wait to wear my Phillies cap to work tomorrow. Roy. What a stud. Thanks, Hils!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wear it, wear it, wear it!!! I WOULD!!! The Phillies are red HOT! Halladay is just... breathtaking to watch-- definitely stud material. I'm now watching my team, lol! Let's see how that goes. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm.. no I'm sweating here. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I think I have ADD

57, 3, 15

A personal update